Thursday, February 19, 2015

I'm addicted to Stranded Deep!

I am a huge fan of Generikb and he recently started playing Stranded Deep. After about 5 episodes, I knew I had to play this game. Since the first time I started exploring, I was HOOKED! Its a survival game that pretty much puts you in Chuck Noland's shoes on a deserted island and you have to scavenge for supplies to live. You don't know who Chuck Noland is? Well either you have never seen one of the best movies of all time or you just forgot. It's the character that Tom Hanks played in the movie Castaway. I know, its awesome right?

This game is so amazing that I find myself playing for hours and completely losing all track of time. My favorites have to be the craft part. While you don't have a ton of options like you do in Minecraft, you can still build some awesome shelter for being stranded. I'm getting pretty creative with my shelter and I just started. I also love the whole exploring part of the game. Yes you are on a deserted island but there are other deserted islands all around you. You can use your raft and paddle to travel between islands or craft a motor for a wooden raft (not that far yet.) Between each island (even on some islands) there are shipwrecks and plane crashes in the water for you to search for supplies on.

With all good comes bad. While you are swimming around checking out those ships, be careful. The waters are filled with sharks. And with the newest patch they can be pretty annoying. The most recent patch include some changes to the sharks behavior making them more aggressive. Sharks will literally knock you out of your boat and chew your face off. The best part if you can usually out run them in a raft but the marlins can easily out run you and knock you out for their shark buddies.

There is a lot to this game already and its still in the early stages. Its available through Steam's Early Access section and the developers have told Generikb that they plan on monthly updates. WHOA! Let's hope they don't pull a Rockstar ha. So I give this game a 5 out 5 star rating. It has some bugs but for an early access game, its pretty darn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment